Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Which veil style is your favourite? Tulle, lace, embellished, or birdcage?

Lynnie, on January 11, 2019 at 13:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 17

Don't forget about those veil details! 👰 Which style of veil do you love the most?

Do you like the sweet and simple tulle style?Which veil style is your favourite? Tulle, lace, embellished, or birdcage? 1

Photo from Flamborough Hills Banquet and Conference Centre in Copetown, ON

Love veils with lace edging?Which veil style is your favourite? Tulle, lace, embellished, or birdcage? 2

Photo by M+M Photography in Waterdown, ON

Something beaded or with sparkly embellishments?Which veil style is your favourite? Tulle, lace, embellished, or birdcage? 3

Photo by Nastia Vesna & Maksim Gladky

Do you love the vintage vibes of a birdcage veil?Which veil style is your favourite? Tulle, lace, embellished, or birdcage? 4

Photo from Suzy O'Rourke Millinery

17 Comments

Latest activity by Candace, on January 26, 2019 at 01:23
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love tulle veils they are so simple but elegant at the same time. Plus they look great with practically any dress!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You probably will.... Haha. Mine just makes me feel so bridal is ridiculous.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really like the simplicity of the tulle veil!

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I looooove the look of a birdcage, but I will end up with lace embellishments. My dress is too big and when they take the skirt in, my seamstress said she would make me a custom veil.
  • Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I can’t decide between simple tulle or embellished with sparkles...!! Love them both - even though they’re quite different
  • Rachel
    Newbie September 2019 British Columbia
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I’m keeping mine simple tulle but cathedral length 😊
    depends on your preference and your dress tho!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Though I don't think I'll be wearing a veil, I really like the tulle one.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like things with either lace edges or embellished edges and it has to be cathedral length to make it super princessy!
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had made a two tiers double sides Swarvorsky crystal veil for the wedding. But lately, I am warming up to a 3D flowers cathedral veil which I am planning to make soon. So, I don't know which one I am going to wear and which one I am going to sell yet.

Two tiers fingertips double sided Swarovsky veilWhich veil style is your favourite? Tulle, lace, embellished, or birdcage? 5

3D flowers Cathedral veilWhich veil style is your favourite? Tulle, lace, embellished, or birdcage? 6

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the aesthetic of birdcage veils and even thought about wearing a coloured one.

My FH doesn’t like them and I’m not a fan of the origin of the tradition, so we’re nixing them all together.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mine is the same. Raw edge, cathedral length and made of tulle. I haven’t tried it with my dress though, so I’m not sure if I love it yet haha
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Embellished! Give me that extra twinkle please!

Fingertip length and 2 tiers for mine!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a raw edge, cathedral length, tulle veil. I love it. It's whimsical, bridal, not distracting from the details in the gown, and it's so HUGE, haha. I love that I can move it around, wrap it around myself, etc. Looking forward to some artsy veil photos.

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lace edging, thats what my veil will be like. I have it but I do not have a photo of it.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like mine! lol

Which veil style is your favourite? Tulle, lace, embellished, or birdcage? 7

I like most veils as long as they are long. Just a preference Smiley smile

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing a vintage, birdcage veil for the ceremony/most of the pictures and then I got a cheap veil with sparkly embellishments for some other photos and part of the reception!

I couldn't decide what style I wanted so I'm going to do 2 - my hairstylist for the day-of is a close friend of mine so she'll be at the wedding and able to transition the veils.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If I was having a veil, I think I would go with something simple, with maybe a little bit of sparkle to it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics