Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Which 'wedding planning stage' are you in right now?

Lynnie, on January 19, 2018 at 12:24 Posted in WeddingWire 0 30

Quickly after getting engaged we all realize that it isn't all moments of magic and butterflies Smiley heart There's too much planning to do! Sometimes planning can be a little bit of a roller-coaster, and we bet you'll recognize yourself in one of these 'planning stages'!

Which wedding planning stage best describes you right now??

The Shiny and New Stage: Your heart is still a flutter, you can't stop staring at your engagement ring, and you find yourself dropping the word “fiancé(e)” in every conversation. You couldn't be more excited to start this new chapter!

giphy.gif

The Pinterest-Possessed Stage: This stage is all about info and inspiration hoarding! You're doing deep dives on the internet, saving articles and pictures, creating docs and planners and can't get enough of Pinterest.

Which 'wedding planning stage' are you in right now? 1

The Logistics Stage: The phase is dedicated to the less glamorous aspects of planning a wedding. Crunching the budget, reading vendor contracts, hunting down mailing addresses, and going through your guest list over and over again. This isn't exactly the engaged bliss you were looking forward to, but this where you get stuff done!

giphy.gif

The "OMG It's Actually Happening!" Stage: Wait, where did all that time go? Is this really happening? OMG it's actually happening - you're getting married! And soon!

giphy.gif

The Let It Go Stage: You're in the final stretch and your wedding is right around the corner. All your vendors are hired, the decisions have been made, and now it's time to let it all go and enjoy the moment!

giphy.gif

Which planning stage best describes you right now? Or coin your own stage that best describes your planning frame of mind!

30 Comments

Latest activity by Lyla, on March 13, 2018 at 22:01
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Amen to that! It was all so much easier a few months ago.. now I just want the planning to be over with and time to de-stress. My poor mind!
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Logistics . I’m pulling my damn hair out ! Family drama and budget crunching is just such a joy Smiley heart
  • Lina
    Frequent user May 2018 Alberta
    Lina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm right in the middle of "it's happening" and "let it go". I still have so much to do, but enough time to do it in, but every day I don't check something of my list I feel like I'me being lazy.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The Logistics Stage! I have never had as many Excel spreadsheets as I do now. I have a love/hate relationship with this stage lmao
  • Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Totally the The Logistics Stage. Wedding is in just under 3 months so not quite at the OMG It's actually happening stage.

P.S. Why are limo's so expensive?????

• Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Currently in the let it go stage! less than 4 months!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm currently between the Pinterest-Possessed & Logistics stages.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely the "OMG, It's actually happening stage!" I had that yikes moment a few weeks ago. Getting married in just over 6 weeks! All those little things still need to get done, but I'm enjoy every minute of the planning process.

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    - htf am i going to finish all this?
    - i want this day perfect
    - enough with the annoying family pressure!
    - stress, desire to sleep, wish we could've eloped.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The honeymoon stage this year for sure is overdue.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm in the Honeymoon planning phase! Smiley smile

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm between the logistics stage and omg it's almost happening stage! It's coming so quick! Can't wait!
  • Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What a great post!
    Im Pinterest possessed FOR SURE !
    But I think I always was lol 😂
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    (Finally) finishing the logistics stage. Finally.
  • Sidni
    Frequent user July 2018 Saskatchewan
    Sidni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Between Pinterest obsessed and logistics. We have quite a few things booked but are still looking for inspiration for all the details.
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Logistics stage for sure!!!!
  • Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d say I’m between the Pinterest and logistics stage. I’ve created file folders for each different thing that has to be researched and paid for. So one for the venues, one for florist, one for officiant and dj’s and such. Crazy all the planning that’s involved.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I’m in the “omg” stage. There’s still a little of the logistics stage in there every now and then, but everything is booked, we just have the little details left and we just passed the 200 day mark. The “omg” is real right now! Haha
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The logistics stage and excited to move onto the omg it's happening phase asap, this part really does suck
  • Jocelyn
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im in between logistics & "omg, its happening!"...having moments of both and moments of stress....
  • Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely between Pinterest and logistics!!! But I do love to look at my shiny ring!
  • Katie
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Caught in the middle of logistics and Pinterest crazy! I bought my dress and booked my florist this weekend though, so that’s helped me get a better idea of my wedding vision and am starting to avoid Pinterest so I don’t get overwhelmed haha

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The logistics stage. We are booking vendors a lot now. We have our venue done, photographer.. we just booked our officiant today! Next is DJ and Caterer.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Logistics.....hounds down the logisitcs...maybe once invites go out then I will hit the "OMG" stage.

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm in between the logistics and let it go. A lot of stuff is done and I don't have to think about it anymore until day of (may this year). The rest feels like constant planning and re-planning. Just got our catering quote today and it's $2,000 over our original budget so that was shocking. Almost as much as the venue itself!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Forever in logistics!

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Logistics and a category that I just invented today called: Delegating AF 😂 I just delegated the bathroom baskets and kids table activities and toys. Things I was looking forward to putting together, but I just have too many other tasks I should be focusing on.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Logistics. I know how I want everything now, it's just waiting for spring to work on the centrepieces and other decor.

We are both creating lists of what we think needs to happen. Then, we are revising that list because it gets too long and we decide some things just aren't important.

• Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Logistics for sure. Just had engagement photos done so now working on finalizing the guest list and gathering addresses for the save-the-dates.

I feel like I will be in this phase until about a month before the wedding because I am constantly making lists, re-checking, then checking again. For everything. FH thinks I'm nuts but hey at least I'm organized.

P.S Great question!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely the logistics. We just finished finding the last few addresses we needed before we send out invites and started putting them all together and sealing. We just need to purchase more stamps then we are good to go! We are making a bunch of lists of things we still need to buy and what we owe to vendors to keep our finances on track.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics