If you want to plan a seriously dreamy Muskoka honeymoon with all the bells and whistles, here’s where you should be heading.
Want to escape the hustle and bustle of the city after your “I do’s”? Well, a Muskoka honeymoon is for you. That’s right, if you hail from Ontario, you don’t even need to catch a plane to get your post-wedding vacay started. Just pack up your car, throw in your duffel bag and get ready for the rustic retreat of your dreams.
Here is your ultimate Muskoka honeymoon checklist.
- Give tree top trekking a try
- Get your adrenaline pumping on a zipline
- Hike around Algonquin Park
- See cottage country from the skies in a helicopter for a Muskoka honeymoon splurge
- Sample cranberry wine at Johnston’s
- See what’s on display at The Tree Museum
- Go skinny dipping
- Enjoy lunch by the lake at Water’s Edge
- Follow The Little Mermaid's lead and go for a cute paddle boat ride
- Treat yourselves to some R&R at Beginnings Spa
- Watch the sunrise or sunset from a dock
- Rent a boat and try some watersports
- Eat tacos at Grand Electric
- Play a round of golf at the Muskoka Woodlands Golf Course and Driving Range
- Tour the area’s many waterfalls
- Schedule a weekend-long camping trip
- Find your zen at Power Yoga Canada
- Drink cocktails in a pair of Muskoka chairs
- Get dressed up and go for high tea at The Blue Willow Tea Shop
- Stroll around a farmers’ market
- Book a private horseback riding session
- Sleep underneath the stars
- Have a romantic meal at Riverwalk
- Stock up on craft beer from Sawdust City Brewing Co.
- Make s’mores over a bonfire - a Muskoka honeymoon must!